Who doesn't love cookies, cupcakes, and brownies? Last Wednesday I was invited to attend the ribbon cutting and grand opening of Bake For You, where I was able to try some of the delicious homemade goodies. The bakery has been open since 2009 where owner, Linda Kindlon worked out of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, until she recently relocated to the DelSo Communty of 540 Delaware Avenue. Her shop is now located next to The Cheese Traveler, one of my favorite places in Albany, and The Yoga Loft.
[Please excuse the quality of these pictures, I was having a small camera malfunction...whoops]
I tried their chocolate chip cookie, white chip and cranberry cookie, and the girls best friend. They were all d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!
1. How would you describe a typical day at Baked For You?
2. Do you have any 'best kept secrets' (books, websites, etc...) that you reference a lot while baking or read just for pleasure?
3. What about 'best kept secrets' when it comes to baking tricks?
4. Everyone loves sweets! So... what is your favorite treat on the menu?
5. What is one of the biggest challenges you've had to face since opening your bakery in 2009?
6. What advice would you give another small business owner just starting out?
7. If you could go back and share one piece of advice when you were first starting out what would it be?
8. Do you have any favorite baking / food blogs?